Gina's Garden Kale Dinner
1 clong grain rice
2 Tbspolive oil
2shallots, finely chopped
1 tspfresh thyme
2 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
2 ozprosciutto or other smoked ham, chopped coarsely
1.75 cchicken stock
1 tsplemon zest, grated
1 lbkale bunch, shredded
2 Tbsplemon juice
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Gina's Garden Kale Dinner
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil, add rice, cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes without removing the lid.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, add shallots, scallions, thyme, and parsley; saute until softened.
- Add prosciutto and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken stock and lemon zest, and boil uncovered until the stock is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and lemon juice, stirring until kale wilts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon hot rice onto a serving platter, then pour kale over it.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.