Garlicky Green Bean Casserole
1-1/2 lbfrozen green beans
1 largeonion, chopped
1/2 lbsliced mushrooms
3 clovegarlic, minced or 1 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/2 csoft bread crumbs
1/3 cshredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlicky Green Bean Casserole
- Boil beans in water just until done, then drain.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices and set aside.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms and two thirds of the garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and all the liquid has been evaporated.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and 1 teaspoon each of the basil and oregano. Season to taste with a little salt.
- Pour everything into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small pan.
Stir in remaining garlic, crumbs, cheese, and remaining ½ teaspoon each basil and oregano.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.