Fried Squash and/or Zucchini
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 mediumsquash or zucchini
1egg, lightly beaten
1/2 ccorn meal
1/2 call purpose flour
1/4-1/2 tspsalt depending on your taste (we are light salters)
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Fried Squash and/or Zucchini
- Slice squash into rounds 1/8"-1/4" thick. When I have time, I salt the squash and let it sit for about 30 minutes to sweat out the excess water but when I am in a hurry I skip this step.
- Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.
- In a 2nd bowl (I use a plate) combine the flour, corn meal, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- If you set the squash aside to sweat, dab them dry with a paper towel then dip them in the egg mixture, then dredge them in the dry mixture. Continue this process until all the rounds have been dredged.
- Using enough to cover the bottom of the pan, heat oil in a large skillet using medium to medium high heat. Place squash in skillet and fry both sides of squash until golden brown.