Fried Morel Mushrooms
How to Make Fried Morel Mushrooms
- Whisk egg and milk together in a medium sized bowl and add some salt and pepper, stir well.
- Heat a skillet with around 1/2" of vegetable oil on medium high heat.
- Place approximately 1 cup of flour in a medium sized bowl (depending on how many mushrooms you found, use more or less flour...if its less then I'm sorry about your luck). Lightly salt and pepper the flour and mix together.
- Drain the soaking mushrooms well, then place a few at a time first in the egg mixture, then in the flour mixture and coat well.
- The oil is ready when you drop a bit of mushroom in the pan and it sizzles to the top. Add your coated mushrooms to the pan and cook for around 2-3 minutes each side, until they are a light, crispy brown. Drain on a paper towel and serve with your favorite dipping sauces (see Holly's Horseradish Sauce and Kickin' Ketchup Horsey Sauce recipes below). Enjoy!
- ****Holly's Horsey Sauce*****
Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and 2 tsp of fresh horseradish to a small bowl and mix well. Recipe can be doubled or tripled, it makes a great dip for everything from roast beef to fried vegetables!
- ****Holly's Kickin' Ketchup Horsey Sauce****
1/2 Cup Ketchup, 1-2 tbs fresh horseradish (depending on how hot you like it), dash of Worcestershire sauce and a dash of salt & coarse ground pepper then mix well and enjoy!