fried green tomatoes and fried okra
How to Make fried green tomatoes and fried okra
- 1Slice green tomatoes into slices about 1/4 inch thick. In a bowl beat eggs with a whisk.
- 2In another bowl add salt and pepper and garlic powder to the meal or flour whenever you decide to use for breading.
- 3There is really not that much difference. I usually have a bowl of cornmeal and i do about half the tomatoes in flour and half in meal.
- 4You can do the okra the same way or just use either one.Dip the tomato slices into the egg and then the meal or flour.
- 5Have your oil hot and deep enough in the skillet to cover about half the tomato slice. Cook on one side turn and continue cooking until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 6For okra cut okra into 1/4 inch pieces and dip into egg and then flour or meal. Cook just like you did the tomatoes.