Fried Green Tomatoes
You can substitute 1/2 cup of buttermilk in place the egg and milk.
1/2 czatarain's seasoned fish-fri
1/2 call purpose flour
4medium sized green tomatoes cut into 1/4inch slices
·enough cooking oil to cover the bottom of your skillet
·remoulade dressing (optional)
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- Mix egg and milk; Set aside.
- Combine Zatarain's and flour.
- Dip tomatoes in egg mixture; dredge in dry mixture.
- Heat cooking oil in skillet over medium heat or in electric frying pan at 350 degrees.
- Arrange slices in single layer in skillet, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.
- I love to serve with remoulade dressing on the side to dip in.