It's much better than it sounds and gives you a way to serve cucumbers in a different way than normal. Who'da thunk it? lol
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil (or less if you prefer olive oil)
- cucumbers, peeled and slice abt 1/4-inch thick
- 1 c
- salt to taste
How to Make Fried Cucumbers
- 1Preheat oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium and line a plate with paper towels to drain the cucumbers after frying.
- 2Bread the cucumber slices in the cornmeal, then place in the hot oil.
- 3Fry until golden brown (about 2 minutes), then flip and fry the other side.
- 4Transfer slices to plate for draining, sprinkle with a little salt (if desired) and serve hot.