Fresh Kale and Garlic (Vegetarian)
When you blanch it first it seems to have a sweeter flavor to it.
It's even good cold.
- 2 large
- bunches of kale (fresh)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 or more clove
- fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- romano cheese, grated
- freshly grated nutmeg (opt )
How to Make Fresh Kale and Garlic (Vegetarian)
- 1Remove large stems from Kale and chop.
- 2Blanch kale (put kale in boiling water for no more than 2 minutes. Drain and put into Ice/water bath,drain.) set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil,med heat
- 4Add sliced garlic to olive oil and saute' for about one minute.
- 5Add Kale. toss in the olive oil and garlic to coat and reheat. (It should still be a bit warm)
- 6Add salt,pepper... more or less depending on taste.
- 7Remove to serving platter and add grated cheese.
- 8Serve alone or as a side dish to any meats.
Can be served on top of rice or pasta.
- 9OPT...Grate nutmeg over Kale for a different taste.