Fresh Kale and Garlic (Vegetarian)
When you blanch it first it seems to have a sweeter flavor to it.
It's even good cold.
2 largebunches of kale (fresh)
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4 or more clovefresh garlic, sliced
1/4 tspsea salt
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 to 3 Tbspromano cheese, grated
pinchfreshly grated nutmeg (opt )
How to Make Fresh Kale and Garlic (Vegetarian)
- Remove large stems from Kale and chop.
- Blanch kale (put kale in boiling water for no more than 2 minutes. Drain and put into Ice/water bath,drain.) set aside.
- Heat olive oil,med heat
- Add sliced garlic to olive oil and saute' for about one minute.
- Add Kale. toss in the olive oil and garlic to coat and reheat. (It should still be a bit warm)
- Add salt,pepper... more or less depending on taste.
- Remove to serving platter and add grated cheese.
- Serve alone or as a side dish to any meats.
Can be served on top of rice or pasta.
- OPT...Grate nutmeg over Kale for a different taste.