FRESH GREEN BEANS w/ FRESH IRISH POTATOES
- bacon slices cut into 1/4 sections
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 8 c
- fresh green beans, trimmed, snapped, washed and drained
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 medium
- fresh irish potatoes, skin partly removed. i like the red ones for this.
How to Make FRESH GREEN BEANS w/ FRESH IRISH POTATOES
- 1in a large skillet cook bacon sections on med heat, when drippings begin to gather in pan dump in chopped onion. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- 2Have bacon onion mixture on low, add beans and irish potatoes to bacon and onion; turn heat up to medium/ high to get beans and potatoes to boiling well. Add salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover, turn heat down to low...medium low and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Make sure all liquid does not boil out, beans will stick. May add a little more if necessary.
- 3Remove lid, if too much liquid may turn up to cook some liquid out. Watch closely so contents do not stick.