FREEZER PICKLES (or not!)
Peggi Anne Tebben
How to Make FREEZER PICKLES (or not!)
- 1In large bowl, combine salt & enough water to cover the cucumbers.
- 2Once salt is dissolved, add the cucumbers & onions.
- 3Place a saucer on top of them to hold them down under the water.
- 4Let set for 4 hours on counter top.
- 5Meanwhile, add sugar & vinegar to a medium sauce pan & bring just to a boil. Remove from heat & cool completely.
- 6Pour water solution off of cucumbers & rinse & drain.
- 8Pour vinegar solution over them & either freeze right away or place in fridge overnight before serving.
- 9We eat them as an appetizer, as a side dish or just however you like.
- 10These will keep for quite a while, if they last that long!