FREEZER PICKLES (or not!)
Peggi Anne Tebben
How to Make FREEZER PICKLES (or not!)
- In large bowl, combine salt & enough water to cover the cucumbers.
- Once salt is dissolved, add the cucumbers & onions.
- Place a saucer on top of them to hold them down under the water.
- Let set for 4 hours on counter top.
- Meanwhile, add sugar & vinegar to a medium sauce pan & bring just to a boil. Remove from heat & cool completely.
- Pour water solution off of cucumbers & rinse & drain.
- Pour vinegar solution over them & either freeze right away or place in fridge overnight before serving.
- We eat them as an appetizer, as a side dish or just however you like.
- These will keep for quite a while, if they last that long!