·grated zest of 1 lemon
4 tspfresh lemon juice
2 tspdried oregano
·freshly ground pepper
2 Tbspextra-virgin oilive oil
2 largefennel bulbs, about 1 1/2 lb total weight
2/3 cminced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1red bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
How to Make Fennel-Parsley Slaw
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and the juice and oregano. Add salt and season with pepper. Whisk in the oil and mayonnaise.
- Trim the stalks from the fennel bulbs and discard. Quarter each bulb and trim away the triangle of core at the base. Cut the quarters crosswise as thinly as possible.
- Add the fennel, parsley, and bell pepper to the bowl and toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour, then toss again just before serving.
- I found it was just as good the next day as leftovers. As you can see by the picture I did not have red bell pepper so I used green.