- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin oilive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 large
- fennel bulbs, about 1 1/2 lb total weight
- 2/3 c
- minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- red bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
How to Make Fennel-Parsley Slaw
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and the juice and oregano. Add salt and season with pepper. Whisk in the oil and mayonnaise.
- 2Trim the stalks from the fennel bulbs and discard. Quarter each bulb and trim away the triangle of core at the base. Cut the quarters crosswise as thinly as possible.
- 3Add the fennel, parsley, and bell pepper to the bowl and toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- 4Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour, then toss again just before serving.
- 5I found it was just as good the next day as leftovers. As you can see by the picture I did not have red bell pepper so I used green.