Falling in Love with Okra and Corn!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you don't already love okra, you will after you try this! I like my okra with a slight crunch, and that's exactly what this recipe delivers. The half-and-half adds a nice creaminess ... makes the dish nice and rich. The Test Kitchen
- 3-4 stalk(s)
- fresh sweet corn - stripped from the ear (white ears are better for sauteing)
- 1-1 1/2 lb
- fresh okra - washed and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 large
- sweet onion - chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic - minced
- 1/4 c
- half and half
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted - or less if desired
How to Make Falling in Love with Okra and Corn!
- 1Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Melt half a stick of butter in the pan.
- 2Place the corn, okra and onions into the pan and saute until they just barely start to turn tender.
- 3At this point, add the garlic and continue to saute until the vegetables become a little tender.
- 4Then add the half and half. Turn down the heat a small amount so the half and half will not scorch. Let this cook down a little and reduce by about one half. The vegetables should be fully tender by this point (but not mushy).
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6NOTE: You can vary the portion size easily just by the amount of corn, okra and onions - go by sight and have equal portions of each. Still pour out 1/4 c of half and half but eyeball it and slowly add little by little until you get the suitable amount (not too dry and not too runny). You may also add additional vegetables such as grape tomatoes cut in half, but don't over do it, adding too many will over power the dish with too many flavors going on. You don't want more than 5 different flavors at the most.