Eldon K's. Refrigerator Pickles
Well -- Eldon K. is a fellow that lives on the wrong side of the River. And to make matters worse he's a Hawkeye fan. We've allowed him "Right's of Passage" to cross the river from Iowa into our small town of Port Byron on the right (Illinois) side of Ol' Miss, after he delivered a few batches of these to the frequenter's of our local pub.
Ever since -- Eldon has been welcome anytime. He also does a great job with Chocolate dipped Strawberries. Eldon's place is in plain view 1/2 mile down and across the river from my own place.
How to Make Eldon K's. Refrigerator Pickles
- 1Peel Cucumbers and slice very thin. Slice Onions very thin. Toss together. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of salt over them and let sit for 1 hour.
- 2Pour off juices and rinse quickly. Drain and remove excess moisture.
- 3Meanwhile mix the Vinegar, Sugar, Celery Seed and Mustard Seed and allow Sugar to dissolve.
- 4Pour Vinegar mixture over Cucumbers and Onions. Put into glass or plastic containers and refrigerate. Best after 2 or 3 days.
- 5Should make about 3 pints. These were PERFECTION!