2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 csweet milk
1/2 cgrated cheese - i use mild chedder or hoop cheese
3/4 cbread crumbs - i use italian seasoned
1 mediumonion - peeled & chopped
·fresh ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Eggplant Souffle
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Peel & Cube Eggplant. Sauté in butter & a little water until tender. (I use enough water to keep from sticking and let it cook out.)
- Mash eggplant & add onions.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper
& catsup, and then combine with eggplant & onions.
- Toss flour and bread crumbs with cheese and add to other ingredients.
- Pour in greased casserole, top with additional bread crumbs or French fried onions if desired.
- Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until set.