By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Eggplant-Cheese Casserole
- Combine spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce, water, seasoned salt and onion in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Peel eggplant; cut in 1/4-inch slices.
- Saute eggplant slices in hot oil in a skillet until brown, adding oil as needed; drain well on paper towels.
- Pour a third of the sauce into a 8-inch-square baking dish; cover the sauce with half the eggplant and mozzarella slices.
- Repeat layers, ending with sauce; top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 oven about 20 minutes.