By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Eggplant-Cheese Casserole
- 1Combine spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce, water, seasoned salt and onion in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 3Peel eggplant; cut in 1/4-inch slices.
- 4Saute eggplant slices in hot oil in a skillet until brown, adding oil as needed; drain well on paper towels.
- 5Pour a third of the sauce into a 8-inch-square baking dish; cover the sauce with half the eggplant and mozzarella slices.
- 6Repeat layers, ending with sauce; top with parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 oven about 20 minutes.