How to Make Eggplant Casserole
- 1Combine eggplant and onion in a medium saucepan. Add water to a depth of 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until eggplant is tender. Drain.
- 2Combine egg and eggplant mixture in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and butter and mix well.
- 3Mix sour cream and cheese in a small bowl.
- 4Spoon half the eggplant mixture into the dish. Add half the cheese mixture on top. Repeat layers. Top with cracker crumbs. Bake 45 minutes.
- 5TIP: For the cheese layers, try the mellow flavors of provolone or mozzarella or add some kick with pepper jack.