Easy Oven-Simmered Potatoes, Carrots and Onions
(Old photo by me)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cups
- chicken bouillon, i use superior touch better than bouillon chicken base
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder, more if desired
- medium-sized red or yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and quartered or cut into large chunks
- sweet onion, chopped (white or vidalia)
- of a small bag baby carrots, more or less
How to Make Easy Oven-Simmered Potatoes, Carrots and Onions
- 1In large baking dish with lid, place all ingredients. *There should be enough liquid to just cover. Cover and bake in 350ºF oven for about 2 hours or til very tender. Stir occasionally. This goes nicely, (and easily), with roasted chicken which bakes for the same amount of time at the same temperature. A no-fuss meal!
*If you substitute chicken broth for the bouillon, you will need to add salt.
**You can remove veggies from broth and thicken to a gravy if desired. To make it into gravy, bring the broth to a low boil in a small frying pan or saucepan. Add 1 Tbl. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbl. cold water. Pour in and stir for 1-2 minutes. It will thicken immediately. (*Add slowly to get the desired thickness of gravy.)
You may not need it all, or may want to add even more. (Thicken it to your own liking).
***You can also make this on the stove quickly if desired. Bring to a boil, then simmer til veggies are tender. About 20-30 minutes. This is nice for when serving with meats that take much less time such as pork chops.