EASY FRIED OKRA
How to Make EASY FRIED OKRA
- 3Drop okra slices into the bag with the cornmeal; seal bag & shake vigorously; set aside for at least an hour, shaking gently every 10 to 15 minutes. (This is necessary because the okra will exude some of it's juice, and the juice helps the cornmeal to stick to the okra.)
- 4Place several layers of paper towels on a 1 1/2 foot length of aluminum foil or heat-resistant plate/platter; set next to stove.
- 5After the okra has been in the cornmeal for an hour or two, pour oil into large skillet.
- 6Heat oil on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- 7Working in batches (usually 3,) add a single layer of cornmeal-coated okra slices quickly, several at a time, to cover bottom of skillet.
- 8Fry okra, turning frequently, until light golden brown on both sides (I use tongs or a fork for turning.) You may need to lower heat slightly toward the end of the first batch.