Easy Collard Greens
2-3 bunche bunchfresh collard greens, chopped
1/2 cchicken stock, light
1/4 cwhite onion, chopped
1/4 cred bell pepper, chopped
1-2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar or white vinegar
3 clovegarlic, chopped (optional)
How to Make Easy Collard Greens
- Rinse and soak collard greens by filling your sink with cold water for at least 15 minutes. Drain sink and refill sink with water and greens for another 15 minutes
- Drain the final rinse water and begin tearing the leaves away from the stalks. Discard all stalks.
- Combine all the other remaining ingredients in the multi-cooker container.
- Then, gather greens and layer them. Roll them into cigar-shaped bundles. Begin to slice the greens into one - two inch wide sections. You’ll need the multi-cooker container near to place the cut greens inside.
- Insert container into the cooker. Choose the lentil/beans selection. Select medium mode and then adjust time to 17 minutes.
- When time has elapsed, turn power off. Release steam immediately or let cool naturally for 20 minutes. Serves four.