EASY CHEESY KID-PLEASIN' CAULIFLOWER
*Note: If your kids won't eat anything green, just chuck the chives. :-)
1 largecauliflower head
1 jar(s)cheddar cheese sauce (we like ragu brand)
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
·salt to taste
1/8 cbacon bits (real hickory smoked)
1 Tbspsnipped chives
1 Tbspcrushed seasoned croutons, optional
How to Make EASY CHEESY KID-PLEASIN' CAULIFLOWER
- Gather and prep ingredients (wash cauliflower,shred cheese etc...)
- Remove tough stem from cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets; place florets in microwave safe bowl.
- Add about 2 or 3 tablespoons water to cauliflower in bowl; cover with lid or wax paper; microwave at full power for 5 minutes (if your microwave doesn't have a turntable, stir after 2 1/2 minutes.)
- Remove lid (or wax paper;) stir to redistribute; cover and microwave until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain very well; return to microwave dish.
- Pour about 1/2 jar of cheese sauce over cauliflower (add more if necessary, but don't let it get "soupy",) add 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese; stir, then taste for seasoning; add salt if needed.
- Return dish to microwave; nuke at full power for about 2 minutes, stirring once, until hot throughout.