Easy Baked Beans
Lee Ann Van Schoick
★★★★★ 1 vote5
EASY BAKED BEANS
40 ozjar of cooked northern beans - undrained
1 3/4 cgranulated sugar
1/2 lbbacon, uncooked
How to Make Easy Baked Beans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Chop Onion into small pieces.
- Rough chop the bacon.
- Saute bacon and onions until softened. I like my bacon crisp but you can do as you prefer. Drain and set aside,.
- Mix sugar with the beans. Then add the reserved bacon and onions.
- Bake for 5-6 hours. Check occasionly to see if more liquid is needed. If you like a dry bean than you probably will not need to add more liquid.
- Note: I like to turn the heat up to 300 degrees during the last hour of cooking. This will make a nice "candied" effect. Either way, these are a good bean dish.