Dilly Cucumber Salad
Maggie May Schill
Go dilly salad!
FOR OIL VINEGAR DRESSING
1 1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 Tbspground black pepper
4 clovegarlic, pressed and chopped
1/2 pinchred pepper flakes (a little less than a pinch should do well.)
1 1/2 tspdried basil leaves
3-4 Tbspaged balsamic vinegar (i say 3-4 tablespoons, but really adjust to your taste.)
1 ptplum tomatoes
1/2red onion, sliced
3 Tbspfresh dill, chopped
How to Make Dilly Cucumber Salad
- For oil and vinegar dressing:
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- For Salad:
(Remember:Rinse and dry tomatoes and cucumbers.)
- With a vegetable peeler peel off some of the peel on the cucumbers. (I left some of the peel on the cucumbers for visual effect.)
- Remove ends of cucumbers and cut cucumbers in half length-wise.
- With a metal spoon, remove the seeds from the cucumbers. (seeds in the salad are yucky!)
- Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix slice cucumbers, red onions and red tomatoes together. Mix in the chopped dill.
- Add your oil and vinegar dressing to the salad and toss. Chill before serving.