Dilly Cucumber Salad
Maggie May Schill
Go dilly salad!
- 1 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- ground black pepper
- 4 clove
- garlic, pressed and chopped
- 1/2 pinch
- red pepper flakes (a little less than a pinch should do well.)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried basil leaves
- 3-4 Tbsp
- aged balsamic vinegar (i say 3-4 tablespoons, but really adjust to your taste.)
- 4 medium
- 1 pt
- plum tomatoes
- red onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh dill, chopped
FOR OIL VINEGAR DRESSING
How to Make Dilly Cucumber Salad
- 1For oil and vinegar dressing:
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- 2For Salad:
(Remember:Rinse and dry tomatoes and cucumbers.)
- 3With a vegetable peeler peel off some of the peel on the cucumbers. (I left some of the peel on the cucumbers for visual effect.)
- 4Remove ends of cucumbers and cut cucumbers in half length-wise.
- 5With a metal spoon, remove the seeds from the cucumbers. (seeds in the salad are yucky!)
- 6Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- 7Mix slice cucumbers, red onions and red tomatoes together. Mix in the chopped dill.
- 8Add your oil and vinegar dressing to the salad and toss. Chill before serving.