~ Delicious Roasted Sprouts, Country Ham & Onion ~
- 2 lb
- frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and cut large ones in half, mine were petite for the most part
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, cut in half then cut into thin wedges
- salt to taste - i just gave a light sprinkle over all
- pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 oz
- thin country ham, minced
- 2 teaspoons, minced garlic from a bottle
How to Make ~ Delicious Roasted Sprouts, Country Ham & Onion ~
- 1Thaw and slice larger sprouts into. I used petite so not many of mine needed cut. You want them to roast evenly.
Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
I placed the sprouts in a dutch oven and sprinkled well with olive oil. Sprinkle with desired garlic salt and pepper. Add onion, ham and toss to coat.
- 2I lined a large pizza pan with parchment paper and evenly spread the sprouts out. Sprinkle evenly with minced garlic.
Place in oven and bake 35 - 40 minutes stirring occasionally until they begin to caramelize and become tender. Onions should be tender crisp and ham browned and crispy. I gave them 5 minutes under the broiler at the end of cooking. Crisped the ham just right.
- 3Remove from oven and re season if need be. Place into serving bowl and dig in!
Family was quite pleased!