★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 16 oz
- box alphabet pasta
- cucumbers, sliced very thin, peel one and leave one green
- 1 c
- carrots, grated
- 1 or 2
- celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1/2 to 1 bunch
- scallions (green onions) sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar (i always use less)
- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- cider vinegar (can use 1/4 c. white and 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg (i always use more because i love nutmeg, and have also added ginger in with it)
How to Make Cucumber Alphabet Salad
- 1Boil pasta according to package. Rinse with cold water. Peel one cucumber and leave the peel on the other. Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters, then slice/dice as thin as possible. Grate carrots. Dice celery stalks and green onions. Place all these veggies in a large bowl and add cold pasta.
- 2In separate bowl combine sugar, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, vinegar, and nutmeg (I usually use a whisk, easier to mix and get clumps out) Pour this mixture over the pasta and veggies and mix together well.
- 3This is best made the day or night before serving as it lets all the flavors combine and the sugar dissolve.
I get this salad requested every time we have a function to attend. I got this from a close family friend who has now passed and I now do what she did, when going to a party where I serve this I started carrying recipe cards to hand out as there is usually at least 3 or more people who want the recipe. Hope you enjoy it's definitely a keeper.