Crunchy-Topped Pumpkin Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
My grandson, Connor, helped me test this recipe out. After his demolishing his second piece, his momma had to stop him from helping himself to a third! Now if that just doesn't say it all I don't know what does. The prefect combination of creamy and crunchy, this casserole could easily be described as an upside down pumpkin pie. Mmmmm mmmm good. The Test Kitchen
2 ccooked pumpkin or 16 ounces canned pumpkin
3 Tbspmelted butter
2 largeeggs, beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspground cloves
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/2 cvanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cpacked brown sugar
2 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Crunchy-Topped Pumpkin Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pumpkin in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir in milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a small bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, or until almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Remove casserole from oven. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Return to oven. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve immediately or refrigerate.