Crunchy Squash Casserole
2(10 ounce) packages frozen sliced yellow squash
1 cchopped onion
1(8 ounce) carton commercial sour cream
1(10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1(8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1(6 ounce) package chicken-flavored stuffing mix
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
·squash slices (optional)
·celery leaves (optional)
How to Make Crunchy Squash Casserole
- Cook the squash according to package directions; drain well.
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine the squash, onion, sour cream, soup and water chestnuts.
- Combine stuffing mix and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter; stir well.
- Add three-fourths of stuffing mixture to squash mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing mixture over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish casserole with thawed squash slices and celery leaves, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.