Crispy Mushroom Fries
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
TIP: Try using the same recipe for "Portabella Mushroom Fries"! Cut them about 1 1/2" thick and either deep fry them or fry them like this one. Serve them with your favorite steak dinner! ENJOY!
How to Make Crispy Mushroom Fries
- 1Clean mushrooms with clean cloth or paper towel. Slice them about 1 1/2" thick. (Do not wash mushrooms. Washing makes them soggy and looses it's flavor.)
- 2In a wide bowl, add sliced mushroom and sprinkle salt & pepper and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes. (This helps the mushroom absorb all the salt and releases the water naturally.
- 3Discard the excess water. Add red chili powder, corriander-cummin, and mix well. Toss lightly. Let stand again for another 10 minutes.
- 4Heat your cast iron griddle or a non-stick pan. Drizzle 2tsp. oil to coat the bottom on the pan.
- 5Coat generously, all the mushrooms with panko breading or corn meal. Fry on a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. (Over-frying will make the mushroom get rubbery and will loose it's texture.) A great side dish. ENJOY!