Crispy Fried Green Beans w/Sriracha Dipping Sauce
Today I battered whole fresh beans very much the way I batter my pork chops and cubed steaks. I love the crunchiness the panko adds. Add seasonings to your taste. I used salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning.
Serve hot with Sriracha Dipping Sauce as an appetizer or plate up as a side dish.
Hope you enjoy!
1 lbfresh whole green beans
1/2 call purpose flour
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1 tspall purpose seasoning (i used everglades)
·salt and pepper to taste
·canola oil for frying
SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE
1 csour cream
2 tspsriracha sauce
1 1/2 Tbspfresh lime juice
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspcoarse ground black pepper
How to Make Crispy Fried Green Beans w/Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Wash beans, snap tops off and pull off any strings. NOTE: I do not blot the beans dry.
- Set up three bowls or pans. Season flour with salt and pepper to taste and put in one pan. Beat egg and milk together in next pan until frothy. Combine panko, salt, pepper and all-purpose seasoning in 3rd pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet to 350 degrees. I use an electric skillet.
- Toss a few beans at a time in the flour mixture to coat; shake off excess flour.
- Dip green beans in egg mixture, coating well.
- Toss in panko bread crumbs coating well. Place on a cooling rack to air dry for about 5 minute.
- Fry in hot oil until a rich golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- SRIRACHA DIPPING SAUCE: Combine all ingredients. Serve with hot fried green beans.
- Try with a marinara sauce too...yum! Add a little Italian seasoning to the panko before battering for a litle extra Italian kick.