Creole Green Beans and Sweet Onions
Blanche the fresh. Rinse the can.
- 1/2-1 lb
- green beans, fresh or canned
- sweet onion sliced
- 4 slice
- thick hickory smoked bacon
- 1-1 1/2 tsp
- creole seasoning, or to taste
How to Make Creole Green Beans and Sweet Onions
- 1Blanche fresh or rinse beans. Pat dry. In a cast iron skillet or pan cook bacon slices until crisp. Set bacon aside and drain fat but reserve 1-3 tablespoons. (depending on the amount of beans)
- 2Heat the reserved bacon dripping over medium to medium-high heat.
In a bowl combine green beans and onion. Toss the mixture with creole seasoning.
- 3Add the green beans and onion mixture to the hot pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes and stir then cook for 1 minute and stir until the green beans are a little blackened and the onions are crisp tender.
Crumble bacon over top and serve.