Creamy Vegetable Casserole
The recipe calls for frozen veggies, but I've done it with fresh ones, too. It takes a bit longer, but it tastes even better!
- 16 oz
- frozen california style vegetables (aka broccoli normandy)
- 1 pkg
- garden vegetable style cream cheese, softened
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- croutons for topping
How to Make Creamy Vegetable Casserole
- 1Let cream cheese container come to room temperature. Cook vegetables according to package directions, or simply microwave them in the original bag using the "frozen vegetable" setting!
- 2If you choose to go with fresh veggies, it takes about 4 or 5 cups of mixed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower pieces to be roughly equivalent to a 16 ounce bag of frozen, then you'd either steam them in a veggie steamer, or steam them in the microwave (mine has a "fresh veg" setting as well, and it's spot on). Then you'd simply continue with the next step as usual.
- 3Combine hot cooked veggies, cream cheese, and mushroom soup together in a large bowl until well blended. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole dish, top with croutons, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly, and serve!