Creamy Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
4 ozcream cheese
1/3 cwhite wine
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspcrushed red peppers
2 largeportabella mushroom caps
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 cshredded chicken
1/4 cbread crumbs
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Preheat your broiler.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, cream cheese and white wine. Stir constantly until thickened. Add powdered garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Remove the stems from portabellas and chop up.
- In a saute pan, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add the chicken, chopped mushroom stems and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream sauce to the chicken and adjust the seasonings.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the sauce and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and put under the broiler for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown.