Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Side Dish
After ten, twenty years or more of the same side dish it's time to try something new. When I served this all the men commented on how good it was and this was the first side dish they finished.
1 jar(s)6 1/2 oz. marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 lbmushrooms, thinly sliced
1 clovegarlic minced or pressed
1 smallonion chopped
2 pkgfrozen chopped spinach (defrosted and well drained)
1 can(s)10 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 csour cream
1/4 tspeach-oregano leaves,ground nutmeg and white pepper
1/2 tsplemon juice
1 cseasoned croutons
How to Make Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Side Dish
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade, set aside.
- Place marinade in frying pan and add the mushrooms, garlic and onion. Cook stirring until onion is limp.
- Stir in the spinach,soup,sour cream,eggs,oregano, nutmeg,pepper,and lemon juice until well blended.
- Spoon half the spinach mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish.
- Arrange artichokes on top and spoon over remaining spinach mixture (cover and chill if made ahead).
- Top with croutons and bake in a 325 oven for 35 to 40 minutes (50 if chilled) or until custard is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!