Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Side Dish
After ten, twenty years or more of the same side dish it's time to try something new. When I served this all the men commented on how good it was and this was the first side dish they finished.
- 1 jar(s)
- 6 1/2 oz. marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 lb
- mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove
- garlic minced or pressed
- 1 small
- onion chopped
- 2 pkg
- frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and well drained)
- 1 can(s)
- 10 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- each-oregano leaves,ground nutmeg and white pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- seasoned croutons
How to Make Creamy Spinach-Artichoke Side Dish
- 1Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade, set aside.
- 2Place marinade in frying pan and add the mushrooms, garlic and onion. Cook stirring until onion is limp.
- 3Stir in the spinach,soup,sour cream,eggs,oregano, nutmeg,pepper,and lemon juice until well blended.
- 4Spoon half the spinach mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dish.
- 5Arrange artichokes on top and spoon over remaining spinach mixture (cover and chill if made ahead).
- 6Top with croutons and bake in a 325 oven for 35 to 40 minutes (50 if chilled) or until custard is set.
- 7Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!