Creamy Cucumber Salad
Using their recipe as a guideline and making some changes and substitutions I came up with this, it has that cool, refreshing kind of feeling.
Pic pending my discovery of the camera cord the cats were playing with ...
- 1 large
- cucumber, washed (peeled if preferred)
- 2 small
- carrots, peeled
- 1/2 c
- vidalia onion, chopped
- roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 large
- button mushrooms, washed
- 1 medium
- radish, sliced
- heaping spoonfuls of sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- fresh chopped parsley or a sprinkle of dried parsley leaves
- just a dash of lemon juice
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 1Cut cucumber into quarters lengthwise and then cut into small chunks. (peel first if desired)
Cut carrots into small rounds.
- 2In a mixing bowl, toss cucumber, carrots, onion, tomato, mushroom and radish together with just a pinch of salt.
In a separate small bowl, stir together sour cream, a few drops of lemon juice and sugar. It will be thick, but that is alright.
Mix together the sour cream and veggies, stirring carefully to coat.
- 3Sprinkle pepper and parsley and gently stir.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.