Creamed Corn with Green Chilis
- 2 can(s)
- corn or any other veggie or veggie mix drained(ihave used 1 can corn and 1 can peasif you want to use frozen veggies thaw and drain first.)
- 1 can(s)
- green chilis (these are mild but you can kick up the heat if you want to by adding crushed red pepper or hot sauce or chili peppers)
- 1/2 stick
- margarine or butter
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, low-fat
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic and onion powder--optional
How to Make Creamed Corn with Green Chilis
- 1Open and drain cans of veggies or thaw and drain frozen veggies. Place in medium bowl. Open 4 oz can of green chilis and drain place of top of corn. Place 8 oz cream cheese on top mixture and add 1/2 stick butter. Sprinkle with spices and optional crushed red peppers or other optional ingredients. Heat in microwave for 7-10 min or until cream cheese and butter melted. Mix thoroughly. You can either serve it now or place in baking dish and bake at 350* for 30-45 min or into crockpot on low for 4 hrs(this is what I do).
- 2This is very easy and delicious. I am always looking for recipes I can make early in the day and place in crockpot so my stove/oven is free for other items. This fits the bill perfectly! Like my grandson says"EPIC"!!