- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz freshlike sweet corn & diced peppers, drained
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- onion, finely diced
- 4 Tbsp
- flour, rounded
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, rounded
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- vegetable oil or for added flavor bacon grease
How to Make Corn Quickies
- 1Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Add beaten egg to drained corn/pepper and stir to combine with a whisk.
- 3Still using the whisk, add flour to corn, a little at a time, till all flour is incorporated. Let rest for 5-10 minutes. My dad would let this set for almost an hour. The longer they set the flullier they fry up.
- 4In a large iron skillet, add enough oil, I use bacon grease, it adds so much more flavor. Just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. About 4-5 tablespoons. Heat at medium, till the skillet is hot. Drop corn mix, by large spoonfuls, into the skillet and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes. Be careful these can burn very easily if you aren't paying attention. Enjoy!