☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1dried ancho or guajillo chile, seeded and torn into pieces
1/2 cwarm water
1/4 cfresh cilantro
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
1 1/2 tspkosher salt
4 ozunsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup)
8ears corn, shucked
How to Make Corn On the Cob with Garlic-Ancho Butter
- Soak chile in warm water in a 1-cup glass measure until softened, about 30 minutes, then drain.
- Finely chop cilantro and garlic together in a food processor.
- Add chile, lime juice, sugar, and salt, then process until finely chopped.
- Add butter and blend until smooth, then spoon into a ramekin.
- Cook corn in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer with tongs to a platter and serve with butter.
Garlic-ancho butter keeps, tightly covered and chilled, 1 week.
Slightly melt the butter before adding all the ingredients. Then let it sit in the frig to firm back up. Makes mixing the lime much easier.