Corn Maque Choux
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Bon Appetit, October 2008.
1 cfinely chopped onions
1/2 cchopped red bell pepper
2 cfresh corn kernels (cut from 3 medium ears of corn)
3/4 cheavy whipping cream
1 tspchopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsphot pepper sauce, or more to taste
1green onion, finely chopped
2 Tbspchopped fresh italian parsley
1 Tbspchopped fresh basil
·coarse kosher salt
How to Make Corn Maque Choux
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper; sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add corn; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add cream, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in green onion, parsley, and basil. Season to taste with coarse salt, pepper, and more hot pepper sauce, if desired.