Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 1 small
- diced onion
- 3 c
- 2 small
- zucchinis, grated
- 2 tsp
- chipotle pepper, minced fine (can be canned)
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- eggs, beaten
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- corn tortillas, stale, ground
How to Make Corn and Zucchini Au Gratin with Chipotle Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; add onion and saute until soft.
- 3Stir in corn, zucchini and chipotles and cook for 6-7 minutes stirring often.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the eggs, season to taste.
- 5Spread corn mixture into a greased casserole.
- 6Crumble stale corn tortillas (use tortilla chips if you have too), and mix with remaining cheese.
- 7Sprinkle cheese/tortilla mixture over top and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.