Cool Cucumbers with Hot Pepper
It is light and zesty!
4cucumbers, peeled and then sliced
1/2 cwhite vinegar
1/4 tspcayenne pepper, or more to taste
1/4 cchopped fresh coriander or 1 tsp ground
·salt to taste
·chopped red bell pepper or cherry tomato halves for garnish
How to Make Cool Cucumbers with Hot Pepper
- Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander, add salt and let them drain for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, combine water, vinegar, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Let cool to room temperature.
- Toss cucumbers to release additional water and transfer to a bowl.
- Add coriander, then the vinegar solution.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Taste for seasoning before serving.
Add a garnish of peppers or tomatoes, if you like. Enjoy!
Note: This can be made the night before.