☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbcabbage, halved & cored
1 lbpotatoes, peeled & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 1/2 cleeks, chopped (white & green part only)
1 pinchground mace
How to Make Colcannon
- Put cabbage in a 3 quart saucepan and add salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce hear and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cabbage to a bowl with a slotted spoon. (Do not dump water out of the pot.) Coarsely chop and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add potatoes to cabbage water and boil until very tender, 15 -20 minutes. Drain, return to pot and cover.
- While potatoes cook, put leeks and milk in a separate saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and mace to potatoes; mash well. Stir in cabbage and leeks. Make a well in the center, and pour in butter. Mix well.