☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- cabbage, halved & cored
- 1 lb
- potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 1/2 c
- leeks, chopped (white & green part only)
- 1 c
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
- ground mace
How to Make Colcannon
- 1Put cabbage in a 3 quart saucepan and add salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce hear and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Transfer cabbage to a bowl with a slotted spoon. (Do not dump water out of the pot.) Coarsely chop and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Add potatoes to cabbage water and boil until very tender, 15 -20 minutes. Drain, return to pot and cover.
- 4While potatoes cook, put leeks and milk in a separate saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add salt & pepper to taste and mace to potatoes; mash well. Stir in cabbage and leeks. Make a well in the center, and pour in butter. Mix well.