☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbmedium red beets
2 tspextra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspcrushed coriander seed
1 Tbspblack peppercorns
How to Make Citrius and Honey Beets
- Add beets, oil, vinegar, honey, coriander seeds, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon salt to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until beets are tender, about 6 hours.
- When beets are cool enough to handle but not still hot, peel them using paper towels to wipe skins from the flesh. Cut them into wedges and toss with dressing.
- Dressing: Whisk together 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, salt and pepper in a small bowel and reserve for step 3.
- To serve, place watercress on a large platter, scatter with the beets and dressing and sprinkle with pistachios on top.