Ciao Bella Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Even though my in-laws have passed on these recipes always bring a smile to my face and remind me of two wonderful people.
24 largemushrooms, about 2 inches in diameter
1/4 csliced scallions or onion
1 clovegarlic, minced
2/3 cbread crumbs
1/4 cchopped pepperoni
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Ciao Bella Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and drain mushrooms. Remove stems; set caps aside. Chop enough stems to equal 1 cup.
- In a saucepan cook chopped stems, onions, and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in bread crumbs, pepperoni and italian seasoning.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the mushrooms. Place in a 10" x 15" baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place back in the oven just until cheese melts.