- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-1/2 cups diced pork (i use thin chops)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3-4 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, diced
- 1 small bunch of green onions, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can mixed chinese vegetables, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can bean sprouts, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoonground pepper
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
How to Make Chow Mein
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Sear pork until it turns white. Add onion, celery, and mushrooms and saute until softened. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Add chicken broth, Chinese vegetables, and bean sprouts, heat to boiling.
- 3In a small bowl combine the cold water, cornstarch, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix together and add to skillet mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.