China town green beans
Irisa Raina 9
This is my version of green beans we had in a Chinese restaurant a few years ago. My husband said I came pretty darn close.
Taste these before you add any additional salt; the soy sauce is salty and would maybe be enough.
P.S. I’m not sure if anyone will notice, I forgot to top the beans off with the toasted sesame seeds. So let’s keep this our little secret, alright? Ha ha ha
- 16 ounces frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 cup baby carrots “ chopped “
- 1 -12 ounce can seagrams’ ginger ale
- 1 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple “ not the one with syrup “
- 2 teaspoons dry minced onions
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted sesame seeds
How to Make China town green beans
- 6When you are ready to cook the beans/carrots drain the brine and reduce it to about 1/3 and then add the beans & carrots and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 7Top with the toasted sesame seeds.