★★★★★ 1 vote5
15 oztomatoes, diced
1 Tbspolive oil
·salt and pepper
How to Make Chickpea Ragout
- *You can use two cups soaked chickpeas, and two cups fresh diced tomatoes, instead. You can also use eggplant instead of the squash. Use chicken or vegetable broth.
- Chop onion and soften it in oil.
- Add the squash and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add everything else EXCEPT thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced and the mixture looks more like a side dish and less like a soup or stew.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper and cook another 15 minutes or so.
- Pick out the bay leaf before serving. Good with bread and cheese, or a hard-boiled egg.