★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 15 oz
- 15 oz
- tomatoes, diced
- yellow squash
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- bay leaf
- thyme, dried
- salt and pepper
How to Make Chickpea Ragout
- 1*You can use two cups soaked chickpeas, and two cups fresh diced tomatoes, instead. You can also use eggplant instead of the squash. Use chicken or vegetable broth.
- 2Chop onion and soften it in oil.
- 3Add the squash and cook until it starts to wilt.
- 4Add everything else EXCEPT thyme, salt, and pepper.
- 5Cook, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced and the mixture looks more like a side dish and less like a soup or stew.
- 6Add thyme, salt, and pepper and cook another 15 minutes or so.
- 7Pick out the bay leaf before serving. Good with bread and cheese, or a hard-boiled egg.