Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
4medium to large tomatoes
1bunch of fresh spinach-chopped fine
2 tspfresh minced garlic
1/4 cof reserved juice from tomatoes
1/4 cdry white wine-not cooking wine
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/2 cgarlic & herb feta cheese
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out just the pulp, leaving the walls intact. Pour the juice of the tomatoes into a measuring cup to reserve 1/4 cup. Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with salt and turn upside down onto a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic, saute for about 2 minutes. Then add reserved tomato juice and wine. Let cook for another few minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Now add Parmesan, feta and panko breadcrumbs. Mix well. Add more panko if needed.
- Spoon this mixture evenly into each tomato til slightly over flowing, as in photo.
- Bake uncovered on middle rack for about 30-35 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don't brown too much. Then remove from oven.
- Allow them to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- These can also be made using cherry tomatoes and served as orderves.