Cheesy Mushroom, Broccoli, Rice Casserole
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 lbbaby bella or shiitake mushrooms sliced
1/4 conions, chopped
2 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 cchicken broth
1 bag(s)frozen chopped broccoli (10 oz.) thawed and drained
2 cshredded cheddar-monterey cheese
3 ccooked rice
How to Make Cheesy Mushroom, Broccoli, Rice Casserole
- Spray or coat with butter a 11 x 13 casserole dish. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pan melt 3 tablespoons butter and flour over medium heat until golden in color to make a quick roux.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, pepper, heavy cream and chicken broth. Warm on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese and rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees until cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.