Cheesy Mushroom, Broccoli, Rice Casserole
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 lb
- baby bella or shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 c
- onions, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen chopped broccoli (10 oz.) thawed and drained
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar-monterey cheese
- 3 c
- cooked rice
How to Make Cheesy Mushroom, Broccoli, Rice Casserole
- 1Spray or coat with butter a 11 x 13 casserole dish. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large pan melt 3 tablespoons butter and flour over medium heat until golden in color to make a quick roux.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, pepper, heavy cream and chicken broth. Warm on medium heat.
- 4Add 1 cup of shredded cheese and rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- 6Bake at 425 degrees until cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.