- 1 pkg
- bacon, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium
- onion, 1/4 inch dice (sweet is best)
- red bell pepper, 1/4 in dice
- 4 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, drained
- salt & pepper if desired, i just use pepper.
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Ranchero Corn
- 1In large saute pan, brown diced bacon until just crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels, set aside.
- 2Reserve about 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan and discard the rest. Add diced onion and red bell peppers to pan with bacon fat and cook over medium heat until onions just start to caramelize.
- 3Add drained corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- 4If you are making to serve at later time or day, refridgerate at this point. Bacon and cheese should be added just before serving because the bacon will get soggy and the cheese will get hard.
- 5Add bacon, salt & pepper if desired, stir and cook until heated through. Cover with cheddar cheese, cover with lid, remove from heat.
- 6Best served as soon as cheese is melted.