Cheesy and Zesty Carrots
Tender carrots are cooked in a zesty sauce loaded with gooey cheese. Mmmmmm!
This is great with or without the cheese!
Add the horseradish to your taste - more or less, but 1 tablespoon is good to start with, if you are not sure:)
- 1 and 1/2 lb
- 2 Tbsp
- grated onion and juice
- 1 Tbsp
- prepared horseradish - (not horseradish sauce)
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (best foods or hellman's preferred)
- 1/4 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- butter. melted
- 1 tsp
How to Make Cheesy and Zesty Carrots
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- 2Slice carrots into 1/4 inch rounds; cook in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well,gently squeezing out excess water with paper towels. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3To cooking liquid, add grated onion and its juice, horseradish, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 4Add the carrots and spoon into a 2 qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs, melted butter and paprika; sprinkle over top.
- 5Bake at 350º for 20 minutes. Enjoy!